Help promote Healthwatch across Devon. If you like getting out and about then this is the role for you.
• To contribute to the objectives of Healthwatch Devon.
• To help with community engagement as part of a larger team of volunteers and staff.
• To inform Healthwatch Devon Head Office regarding required actions as a result of attending meetings or being involved in task groups etc.
• To promote membership and participation in Healthwatch Devon.
• To present information to community groups and organisations about the work of Healthwatch Devon.
Individual volunteer placements may carry specific requirements which will be agreed with the partner organisation.
Activity to be established. Not more than 1 day per week unless by prior arrangement. Able to spend some time “networking” with groups and communities in your local area.
Requirements of the Role
• Assertive and confident at public speaking.
• Willingness to research opportunities to encourage others to feed their views into Healthwatch Devon.
• A commitment to Equality and Diversity.
• Ability to travel across the County with occasional conferences and workshops outside the County.
• Access to the internet and email.
• Able to operate powerpoint and other software to enable presentations to be given in a standard manner across the county (training and support can be arranged to help you do this).
How Healthwatch will support this volunteer role
Reasonable expenses to enable your participation will be met in the first instance by Healthwatch Devon.
Training and support to enable you to carry out this role will be provided by Healthwatch Devon.
NB: This role description is for an unpaid role with Healthwatch Devon and is not intended to form a contract of employment.
How to apply
Please telephone 01392 248919 ext 113/114 for an application form to be sent out by post. Or you can apply online at https://www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk/volunteer
You will need to become a member of Healthwatch Devon and provide 2 referees who can vouch for you. References will not be accepted from a spouse, partner, or other family member.