Enquiries and Admin Team
Description of Healthwatch Devon
Healthwatch gives people a powerful voice locally and nationally. At a local level, Healthwatch Devon works to help local people get the best out of their local health and social care services, whether it’s improving them today or helping to shape them for tomorrow. Healthwatch Devon is all about local voices being able to influence the delivery and design of local services. Not just people who use them now, but anyone who might need to in future. Scroll down to find out more …
Healthwatch Devon’s objectives are to:
- Improve the experience of residents using health and social care services in Devon
- Take part in decision making about local health and social care, using primary and secondary evidence collected from local people to inform the process and hold services to account
- Provide information to local people about health and care services
- Be the local consumer champion
- Visit local services with powers to observe and assess the quality of publicly funded health and social care services.
- To contribute to the objectives of Healthwatch Devon.
- To assist the Healthwatch Devon Enquiries and Referrals Officer, inputting survey data
- To keep an electronic record of any calls received on the Healthwatch Devon database.
- To process email enquiries regarding membership and health and social care service quality issues.
1 morning per week, based at our Exeter office.
Requirements of the Role
- Computer literate.
- Customer service skills.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Empathetic approach.
- A commitment to Equality and Diversity principles and practice.
How Healthwatch will support this volunteer role
Reasonable expenses to enable your participation will be met in the first instance by Healthwatch Devon.
Training and support to enable you to carry out this role will be provided by Healthwatch Devon. You must complete module one and sign a volunteer agreement, prior to attending a short training session in Customer Services to enable you to participate in the Healthwatch Devon volunteer programme.
Healthwatch Devon is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) with a membership base. To continue in this role you will need to become a member of Healthwatch Devon. Full details on how to go about this will be provided.
NB: This role description is for an unpaid role with Healthwatch Devon and is not intended to form a contract of employment.
How to apply:
Please telephone 01392 248919 ext 113/114 and ask for an application form to be sent out by post. Alternatively you can apply online at https://www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk/volunteer
You will need to become a member of Healthwatch Devon and provide 2 character or professional (or a combination thereof) referees who can vouch for you. References will not be accepted from a spouse, partner, or other family member.
Team members will require a Criminal Records check. If you would like to talk to a member of staff regarding this, please contact Caroline Lee on 01392 248919 ext 115 or email email@example.com.