Volunteer & make a difference in 2018
Join our team, develop new skills, enhance your CV and strengthen the community voice on health & social care in Devon.
We’ve got a variety of interesting and challenging volunteer roles. If you like getting out and about & meeting new people you could be part of our Promotions team spreading the good word of what Healthwatch Devon is about. We have a busy time coming up full of events and need volunteers to help us talk directly to the people of Devon, in a variety of locations, to find out their thoughts and feelings.
Or, be part of our Good Care Matters team and talk to people, and observe and assess the nature & quality of services.
If you would like to be more office based, we also have admin and clerical tasks that we are looking for volunteers to help with.
We will provide full support to enable you to carry out your role including comprehensive training, travel and subsistence.
What are the roles?
(Click on each role to download the full role description)
Events and promotions team – meeting people and listening to their experiences of health and social care around Devon
Good Care Matters team – talking with people in any health or social care establishment about what makes good care
Enquiries and Admin – helping with enquiries and administration
What happens next?
So, if you have a few hours each week and are looking to make a difference in 2018, why not help the people of Devon get their voices heard?
To apply now, please complete the application form in the link here and we’ll be in touch shortly.
For an informal chat, please call Caroline Lee on 01392 248919 ext *7115 or email email@example.com
Following the application:
- You’ll be invited to attend an informal interview to enable us to get to know you better – and vice versa!
- Come to a taster day to find out more about what is involved and meet like minded people
- All successful volunteers will be given comprehensive FREE training, and invited to join Healthwatch Devon as a member.
- If you are building a CV, you’ll be encouraged to build a portfolio of experience
- For these roles you’ll be asked to provide information for standard criminal records checks to be carried out. Please ask to speak to Caroline Lee in confidence if you need further information about this.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team.