TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED & DISCLAIMER
The materials contained on our site are provided for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon as such.
We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this site and to the fullest extent permitted by English law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk is a site operated by Healthwatch Devon.
Our registered office is Paignton Library, Great Western Rd, Paignton, TQ4 5AG.
Healthwatch Devon website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. Access and use by you of this site constitutes your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Healthwatch Devon copyright protected material may be reproduced free of charge or copied to others in any format or medium for research, private study or for internal circulation within an organisation. This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. You must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Where any of the Healthwatch Devon copyright material on this site is being republished or copied to others, the source of the material must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged.
Permission to reproduce the Healthwatch Devon material does not extend to any materials on this site is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
USE OF THE HEALTHWATCH LOGO
We are licensed by Healthwatch England to use the Healthwatch logo. Healthwatch England only allows those organisations which it has licensed to use the Healthwatch logo.
The Healthwatch logo is a registered trademark and is protected under trademark law. The use of the Healthwatch logo without permission of Healthwatch England constitutes an infringement of its trademark.
OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and whilst we will endeavour to ensure information is up to date we are under no obligation to do so.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time;
- and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
REVIEWS AND FEEDBACK
All the feedback and information submitted to us online is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act and all reviews will be recorded, approved or otherwise, in a secure evidential database system.
Healthwatch reserves the right to remove a review at any time for any reason.
The reviews posted are individual and highly subjective opinions from members of the public and not the opinion of Healthwatch Devon.
We do not endorse any of the opinions expressed by reviewers. We are not affiliated with any establishment listed on this website.
Reviews of services will only be published live online once they have been moderated and approved by trained Heathwatch Devon staff. To ensure this is a simple process, reviewers must ensure that their review is:
- For an appropriate service – Your review must be for a relevant health and social care service in Torbay or the surrounding area, ideally from our list of providers.
- From a service-user – Reviews should not be submitted by members of staff, service providers, or related parties and we ask that service providers do not post comments on behalf of patients, their friends or family members.
- Free of specific names – The names of healthcare professionals, particularly if the review is a complaint, must not be publicly disclosed online.
- Not part of an ongoing investigation – If the review is a complaint that is currently being investigated, it cannot legally be made public until the investigation is concluded. Then the reviewer will be contacted and asked if they would still like to upload their review.
- Family-friendly – No profanity, threats, prejudiced comments, hate speech, sexually explicit or overly graphic descriptive language, or other content that is not appropriate for our community will be published.
- Not libellous, slanderous or defamatory – The law allows you to post comments containing your honestly held opinion, provided you identify the related facts. However, posting untrue statements that are likely to cause serious harm to a person’s reputation is against the law. You are legally responsible for the content of any material you submit for posting on the Healthwatch Devon website. To protect you, serious allegations (including a severe failure in care, neglect, abuse or safeguarding) will need to be investigated prior to approval to ensure they are not unfounded. Your review may also be subject to minor text edits to avoid generalisation, speculation and potentially defamatory statements.
- Age approved – We ask that reviews by children or young persons under the age of 18 are submitted with parental/carer consent.
- Complemented by a valid e-mail address – The e-mail address must be correct as we may need to contact the reviewer if there is a problem with your review and/or we require further information for a potential escalation in accordance with our escalation policy.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the internet.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Although we will endeavor to maintain links to other websites, we cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over the availability or reliability of linked pages.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our site.