Official Complaints

Once you have submitted your review with us by clicking here, should you wish to make an official complaint, there are a variety of ways in which you can, with specific contact details available below.

To view the complaints ‘journey’ that should be taken when making an official health and social care complaint, you can view our handy document by clicking here.

NB. Please feel free to contact us at anytime during the complaint process!

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

Based at Torbay Hospital, this is for anyone who has used local NHS services. PALS liaise with staff and relevant organisations to negotiate prompt solutions to complaints.

Tel: 01803 655 838 or 0800 028 20 37.

The Advocacy People

An independent NHS complaints advocacy service for people wanting to raise an issue with health AND social care in Torbay.

Tel: 0300 440 9000

Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Their Feedback and Engagement Team deal with complaints relating to Adult Social Care Services and all local NHS services (including community hospitals) in Torbay.

Tel: 01803 655838 or 0800 0282037

South Western Ambulance Service

South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SWASFT) provide a service in Accident & Emergency (999), urgent care, and a Patient Transport Service (PTS). Their Patient Experience Team deals with complaints.

Tel: 01392 261 585

Devon Partnership Trust

Devon Partnership Trust provide Mental Health and Learning Disability Services for Devon. Their Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) deal with patient complaints about these services.

Tel: (Freephone) 0800 073 0741

Torbay Local Safeguarding Children Board (TSCB)

Assesses concerns about the safety of children or vulnerable adults who may be being abused or neglected. They can take fast action if necessary.

Tel: 01803 208100

NHS Devon Clinical Commissioning Group

NHS Devon Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is responsible for buying and developing local services and has a Patient Experience Team to deal with complaints.

Tel: 0300 123 1672

NHS England

Complaint handling of issues about NHS GPs, dentists, opticians and community pharmacists.

Tel: 03003 112233

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

The CQC monitor hospitals, care homes, dental and GP surgeries, and all other care service for safe, effective, compassionate and high-quality care. You can raise care concerns with them.

Tel: 03000 61 61 61

Health Service Ombudsman

Independent of the NHS and government, the ombudsman is your final point of call in the complaint’s process. They investigate NHS complaints that the individuals making them feel have not been resolved by the service themselves.

Tel: 0345 015 4033

Torbay Safeguarding Adults

If you are being abused or you see someone else is being abused and would like to get some help contact Torbay Safeguarding Adults Team on

Tel: 01803 219 700

If you or the person you are concerned about is in immediate danger please remember to call 999.

NHS 111

Complaint handling for NHS 111 calls.

You can telephone the Governance Department on 0300 123 7759

You can email your complaint to

Or you can write to: Governance Department, Devon 111, Wellington House, Queen Street, Taunton, TA1 3UF

Northern Devon Healthcare Trust

North Devon District Hospital and Community services in Exeter, East and Mid Devon, and North Devon.

Tel: 01271 314090

Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Derriford Hospital Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS):

Tel: 0845 155 8123 or 01752 439884

Plymouth Community Healthcare

Community Hospitals and Services in Plymouth Area Customer Services:

Tel: 01752 435201

Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

RD&E Hospital, PALS:

Tel: 01392 402093

Complaints: 01392 402363 or 01392 403915