Help us champion health and social care services in Devon
Membership is open to any individual or organisation in Devon who would like to see better health and social care services influenced by public involvement.
Being a member gives you the opportunity to become actively involved in championing the rights of service users and holding providers to account.
Level One – Full Membership
Individual Full Member Criteria. An individual with the ability to affect the governance of the charity by voting at the charity’s Annual General Meeting (and other relevant meetings) and who meets all criteria for a member as set out in the charity’s governing document.
An Individual Full Member
Full members agree to support the work of the charity through giving their time, skills or experience. This may be through one of the following routes:
- Become a formal volunteer as an Enter and View visitor
- Become a formal volunteer as a lead for a Healthwatch Hub
- Become a formal volunteer with one of our volunteering roles
- Become one of our agreed ambassadors. This is a formally recognised role and usually links to specialist areas e.g. mental health or children’s issues and may include attendance at specialist meetings or boards
- Help to promote the charity through a formally agreed role
- Being a Board Member (Trustee) of the charity.
Rights and Responsibilities
- Being a Board Member (Trustee) of the charity
- Full members receive a personal invitation to the Annual General Meeting
- Full members will elect the charity’s Trustees
- Full members can apply to become a Trustee
- Full members will be able to vote at the Annual General Meeting, Extraordinary General Meeting and Special General Meeting
- Full membership is free.
Level 2 – Supporter Member
Supporter membership is open to everyone in Devon, providing people with an opportunity to be involved in the Healthwatch Devon network without the obligation of being a voting member. As a non – voting member you can expect to:
- Receive a personal invitation to the Annual General Meeting
- Receive information and updates from Healthwatch Devon
- Be invited to attend public events and activities
- Be included on the network member’s database
- Non-voting membership is free.
We are independent, inclusive, and with a strong membership, can be powerful.
Unlike any other organisation, Healthwatch Devon has statutory powers to hold providers to account and has access to key decision making bodies such as the Health and Well-being Board. Through Healthwatch England, we can feed in to national, as well as local policy.