Who can help me with my complaint?

The following is a list of organisations which can assist you when thinking about making a complaint.

PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service)

This service offers confidential advice, support and information on health-related matters. They provide a point of contact for patients, their families and their carer who require assistance with an enquiry. The list of PALS contacts can be found below:

Northern Devon Healthcare Trust
North Devon District Hospital and Community services in Exeter, East and Mid Devon, and North Devon: Tel: 01271 314090 or Email: ndht.PALS@nhs.net.

Devon Partnership Trust
Mental Health and Learning Disabilities: Tel: 0800 073 0741 or 01392 675686 or Email: dpn-tr.pals@nhs.net

Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust
Derriford Hospital PALS:  Tel: 0845 155 8123 or 01752 439884 or Email: plh-tr.PALS@nhs.net

Plymouth Community Healthcare
Community Hospitals and Services in Plymouth Area Customer Services:Tel: 01752 435201 or  Email: customerservicespch@nhs.net

Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
RD&E Hospital, PALS: Tel: 01392 402093 or Email: rde-tr.pals@nhs.net
01392 402363 or 01392 403915 or Email: rde-tr.complaints@nhs.uk

South Devon Healthcare Trust
Torbay Hospital PALS: Tel: 0800 028 2037 or 01803 655838 or Email: pals.sdhc@nhs.net

Torbay and South Devon Health and Care Trust Community Services in Torbay and South Devon Customer service: Tel: 0800 032 7657 or Email: palsandcomplaints.tct@nhs.net

South Western Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Ambulance and Paramedic Services: Tel: 01392 261585 or Email: patientexperience@swast.nhs.uk or haveyour.say@nhs.net.

Independent Health Complaints Advocacy (IHCA)

A free confidential advocacy service that advises and supports people who are complaining about the NHS. In Devon, this is SEAP. Tel: 0300 343 5707; Email: devon@seap.org.uk; Web: www.seap.org.uk

The Care Quality Commission

The Care Quality Commission is the independent regulator of health care and adult social care services in England. It is responsible for checking that the care provided meets important standards of quality and safety. You can tell CQC if you’re unhappy with a service even when you don’t want to make a complaint. Tel: 03000 616161.

Health Service Ombudsman

Contact this Ombudsman if you are unhappy with a response to a complaint with the NHS. Tel: 0345 015 4033 or email phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk.

Local Government Ombudsman

Contact this Ombudsman if you are unhappy with a local council response to a complaint. Tel: 0300 061 0614 or email advice@lgo.org.uk.

Clinical Commissioning Groups

NHS organisations led by GP’s, responsible for planning, buying and supervising most NHS services for patients locally

North, East and West Devon Tel: 01392 205205
South Devon and Torbay
Tel: 01803 652500

The PALS and Complaints Service provided across Devon, Plymouth and Torbay in relation to the Clinical Commissioning Groups NEW Devon and South Devon and Torbay CCG (The CCGs design, contract and monitoring services) can be contacted on: 0300 123 1672 or 01392 267665

NHS England

Contact this team for information and complaint handling of issues about NHS GPs, dentists, opticians and community pharmacists. Tel: 03003 112233.

Thanks for visiting Healthwatch Devon
Stay updated by subscribing to our RSS feed.
Healthwatch Devon logo

© 2016-2017 Healthwatch Devon
© 2013-2016 Devon Communities Together