Healthwatch Devon is led by a board of up to twelve trustees, seven of which are elected by Healthwatch Devon members. Its role is to determine the strategic direction and overall governance of the organisation and to ensure engagement with all segments of the local population in order to provide a representative voice for as many residents and health and social care service users as possible.
Become a Trustee
We are recruiting now for new members to join our dynamic Board, particulary peo would like more people to join our Board; if you have a
- legal services
- human resources
If you would like to find out more about becoming a trustee more information is available here
- Scrutinise the work of the organisation and determine strategic direction and policies.
- Ensure the activities of Healthwatch Devon reflect the diverse communities of Devon, not just views of majority groups or the most high profile issues.
- Establish and oversee control and risk management arrangements.
- Ensure that Healthwatch Devon achieves its aims and objectives.
- Oversee ‘Operational Management’ and ensure the implementation of Board policies.
Come to a board meeting
Date of forthcoming meetings of the Board of Trustees are as follows:
- Tuesday 29 January, 1am – 11.45am
Venue: Devon Communities Together, Exeter (Directions)
In the interests of transparency and public accountability, these meetings will be open to the public. You do not have to book your attendance, but it does help us to manage attendance if we know how many people are likely to be there, and whether there are any special access needs. We will do our best to ensure special access needs are met, any requests need to be made approx. 3 weeks ahead of meeting to allow sufficient time to organise this for you.
If you require any further information about our board meetings please contact Claire Porton, PA to the Chair and Board, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01392 248919 ext 7107.
Book to attend our next board meeting
Agenda for next Board Meeting
The agenda for each Board meeting will be posted here approximately 1 week before the meeting takes place.
The agenda for the next meeting on 29 January 2019
Minutes of Board Meetings
Minutes of our formal board meetings can be seen below. Minutes not yet approved by the Board are marked as ‘DRAFT’.