Healthwatch Devon is led by a board of up to twelve trustees, seven of which are elected by Healthwatch Devon members. Its role is to determine the strategic direction and overall governance of the organisation and to ensure engagement with all segments of the local population in order to provide a representative voice for as many residents and health and social care service users as possible.
- Scrutinise the work of the organisation and determine strategic direction and policies.
- Ensure the activities of Healthwatch Devon reflect the diverse communities of Devon, not just views of majority groups or the most high profile issues.
- Establish and oversee control and risk management arrangements.
- Ensure that Healthwatch Devon achieves its aims and objectives.
- Oversee ‘Operational Management’ and ensure the implementation of Board policies.
Come to a board meeting
Date of forthcoming meetings of the Board of Trustees are as follows:
Wednesday 22nd February 2017, 10.30 – 12.00. Cancelled.
- Wednesday 24th May 2017, 10.30 – 12.00. Devon Communities Together, Exeter.
- Wednesday 26th July 2017, 10.30 – 12.00. Devon Communities Together, Exeter.
- Wednesday 25th October 2017, 10.30 – 12.00. Devon Communities Together, Exeter.
In the interests of transparency and public accountability, these meetings will be open to the public. You do not have to book your attendance, but it does help us to manage attendance if we know how many people are likely to be there, and whether there are any special access needs. We will do our best to ensure special access needs are met, any requests need to be made approx. 3 weeks ahead of meeting to allow sufficient time to organise this for you.
If you require any further information about our board meetings please contact Hannah Shearman, PA to the Chair and Board, by emailing HShearman@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or calling 01392 248919 ext *107.
Book to attend our next board meeting
Agenda for next Board Meeting
The agenda for each Board meeting will be posted here approximately 1 week before the meeting takes place.
Papers not yet available
Minutes of Board Meetings
Minutes of our formal board meetings can be seen below. Minutes not yet approved by the Board are marked as ‘DRAFT’.