Healthwatch Devon is your local champion for health and social care. We ensure that the voices of service users reach the ears of decision makers, and are taken seriously.
Our vision is better health and social care services through public involvement.
Our mission is to be an independent, influential consumer champion of health and social care services in Devon.
Our guiding principles are:
- People First. The starting point is always the person with health and social care needs
- Partnership. We work with groups, seeking a stronger voice, together
- Inclusion. We have a particular responsibility for championing the needs of whose are often not heard
- Critical Friendship. Where service providers excel, we recognise and celebrate. Where they are struggling, we advise and support. Where they are failing, we say so.
- Focus. We cannot do everything, everywhere, all the time. We will choose the issues that matter most to consumers and where we can make a clear difference.
To see how we work in practice, see our Every Comment Counts poster, or have a look at the Your Feedback pages. For information on the statutory remit for local Healthwatch, see our Legal Framework. Healthwatch Devon is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (no 1155202). View our Constitution.
Healthwatch Devon is part of a network of local Healthwatch organisations across England. Our umbrella body is Healthwatch England, the national consumer champion in health and care. They have significant statutory powers to ensure the voice of the consumer is strengthened and heard by those who commission, deliver and regulate health and care services. Read Healthwatch England’s eight consumer principles here.